We are excited to host our first annual Grandparents Evening at Sherwood Elementary on Tuesday, November 28 at 6:30 p.m.
Grandparents will enjoy special time with their grandson/daughter at their school as we kick-off the holiday season.
Attendees will enjoy refreshments in the cafeteria and get the chance to check out the Scholastic Book Fair located in the Media Center.
If your child's grandparents are not able to attend, we welcome you to invite a special family friend.
Space is limited – so be sure to RSVP today.
PARENTS – we are looking for volunteers that evening. Join in on the fun!
We hope to see you on November 28th – for additional questions, please contact Stacy Gillard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, November 29th 6:00pm – 8:00pm at Sherwood
WHAT TO DO FOR AUDITIONS?
First Sign up online - *click to sign up
Prepare a short 30 second song; it will be sung without piano. Song should be something you know well & have fun singing
Show up 10 minutes before your time. DO NOT PANIC! Just have fun! Everyone receives a part!
$70 (costume not included)
Thursday December 7th, 7:15pm – 7:30pm
Please attend this meeting at Sherwood to pick up script and hear important information.
Rehearsals will be Fridays after school until 5:00 pm.
Shows will be Friday, March 2nd & Saturday, March 3rd
Contact Jennifer Miller (513) 305-3459 or Julie Myers (773) 547-7473
Tuesday, October 24
6:30pm - 8:30pm
All 6th graders are encouraged to attend this fun party with 6th graders from all of the Forest Hills Schools. Even if you don't like to skate - come have a good time with your classmates!
Students MUST return a completed permission slip and a medical release form prior to the event! If you do not turn in these forms you will not be able to attend.
Please note there is NOT a charge. Your $30 contribution to 6th Grade Activities covers this event. Forms are due by Tuesday, October 17th. Contact Debbie Welker if you have any questions.
The Sherwood PTA would love to welcome you our wonderful school. We think you are going to love Sherwood! Here's some helpful tips to get you ready for the school year ahead.
1. If you are a Facebook person, you should join the Sherwood Parents Group. It's the best place to get your questions answered quickly.
2. School shopping is hassletown. Bright SchoolKitz make it easy. It's like Amazon for school supplies. Pay now, and a box of perfect supplies will be waiting on your kid's desk. You have until 8/15 to sign up.
3. Drop off and pick up are intense, like every sitcom you've ever seen. You don't use the rotunda in front of the school, instead kids are dropped off at the gym door. You've gotta wait until you are at the door to let them out.
4. There are two ways to pay for lunch. You can put money in your child's EZ Pay Account online or give them cash each day.
5. If you want to give your child a chance to look around, the Back to School Bash on Thursday, August 31 at 5 p.m. is a great way to do it. If you are new and your child will be in grade 1 or above, there's a new family orientation at 4 p.m. on the 31st as well. Kindergarten parents, you will have another time scheduled for this, don't worry.
6. We have an excellent, PTA-produced newsletter that goes out each week during school called NewsBytes. Sign up here. Principal Hamilton also sends out a weekly message to parents.
7. This website is another great resource. It's updated each week!
8. Last, but not least, consider joining our PTA. Your $10 membership fee gives you access to the Holy Grail of Sherwood info - The Directory. It's the only place to get the names, phone numbers and email addresses of that kid your child is badgering you to set a playdate with. Plus, the PTA is a great place to do great work for your child's school alongside some very warm-hearted folks.
Welcome to Sherwood!
Every year, Sherwood PTA puts on a Field Day on the final day of the school year. Students, teachers and parents love this tradition. We need your help to make this day great.
There are shifts throughout the day from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. for outdoor events and between 10:45 a.m. -1:45 a.m. for ice cream floats. If you are able to work multiple shifts that is great!
If you are unable to help during the day, we are also looking for families to purchase water balloons and fill up and deliver before school. Additionally, we will need corn-hole boards for the day.
Outdoor activity times are:
Grades 2, 4, 6, AM-K
9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Grades 1, 3, 5
11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If you would like to volunteer for Field Day, click HERE to sign up.
As part of Sherwood Serves Gr8tness Week, Wednesday, May 17 is Clean Up Sherwood Night! From 6:30-8:30 p.m., bring the whole family to help clean up and improve our school grounds.
We will be pulling weeks and doing some light landscaping to prepare the grounds for mulching.
Wear your garden gloves and clothes to get dirty.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOTH SHOWS ARE SOLD OUT.
Friday 4/28 - Show at 7 p.m., actors arrive in full costume by 6:15 p.m.
Saturday 4/29 - Show at 5 p.m., actors arrive in full costume by 4:15pm
Doors will open 10 minutes before showtime. Seating is general admission. Showrunner Jennifer Miller warns that seating is tight, so they may asking some of the kids to take a seat on the floor right in front of the stage.
Say Congratulations with a KIT KAT or SPECIAL COOKIE. You can purchase Kit Kats and/or Cookies before each show to be delivered to cast members each night. Kit Kats will be $1 and cookies $2 - cash only.
We have arranged for a parent to record Aristocats then transfer to DVD. If you are interested in purchasing a DVD the cost is $10. Please bring your cash/check the evenings of the show to sign up. Proceeds will go to Sherwood's Theatre program.
Costumes will be collected after Saturday's performance. Please be sure to bring a change of clothes for your cast member Saturday.
Contact Jennifer Miller (513) 305-3459 or Julie Myers (773) 547-7473.
Come join your Sherwood friends on Tuesday, April 25th at Grove Park Grille!
Bring your friends and family for a yummy meal and nice atmosphere.
Ten percent of your bill goes back to Sherwood. View the menu at www.gpgrille.com.
By Heather Goeke