The Sherwood PTA would love to welcome you our wonderful school. We think you are going to love Sherwood! Here's some helpful tips to get you ready for the school year ahead.
1. If you are a Facebook person, you should join the Sherwood Parents Group. It's the best place to get your questions answered quickly.
2. School shopping is hassletown. Bright SchoolKitz make it easy. It's like Amazon for school supplies. Pay now, and a box of perfect supplies will be waiting on your kid's desk. You have until 8/15 to sign up.
3. Drop off and pick up are intense, like every sitcom you've ever seen. You don't use the rotunda in front of the school, instead kids are dropped off at the gym door. You've gotta wait until you are at the door to let them out.
4. There are two ways to pay for lunch. You can put money in your child's EZ Pay Account online or give them cash each day.
5. If you want to give your child a chance to look around, the Back to School Bash on Thursday, August 31 at 5 p.m. is a great way to do it. If you are new and your child will be in grade 1 or above, there's a new family orientation at 4 p.m. on the 31st as well. Kindergarten parents, you will have another time scheduled for this, don't worry.
6. We have an excellent, PTA-produced newsletter that goes out each week during school called NewsBytes. Sign up here. Principal Hamilton also sends out a weekly message to parents.
7. This website is another great resource. It's updated each week!
8. Last, but not least, consider joining our PTA. Your $10 membership fee gives you access to the Holy Grail of Sherwood info - The Directory. It's the only place to get the names, phone numbers and email addresses of that kid your child is badgering you to set a playdate with. Plus, the PTA is a great place to do great work for your child's school alongside some very warm-hearted folks.
Welcome to Sherwood!
If your child has lost a few jackets this school year, they are not alone.
In his weekly email to parents, Mr. Hamilton said the Sherwood Lost & Found is starting to look like Mt. Everest.
He encouraged students to look for their items before or after school or during lunch.
After the holiday break, admin plans to donate the remaining items.
Tuesday, November 15 thru Friday, November 18
There are several ways students can donate and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes.
Raffle tickets for the following items can be purchased during all lunches:
$1 each or six for $5
Also for $1, they can purchase these items at lunch:
Finally, on Friday, November 18, all students and staff are encouraged to wear BLUE to show their support for those living with Type 1 Diabetes. The homeroom with the most people in blue will win gift certificates for a free LaRosa's pizza.
If your kid is wondering what's for main dish (mine always is), here's a link to the October lunch menu PDF.
I found it here -->
By Heather Goeke