The Sherwood PTA would love to welcome you our wonderful school. We think you are going to love Sherwood! Here's some helpful tips to get you ready for the school year ahead.
1. If you are a Facebook person, you should join the Sherwood Parents Group. It's the best place to get your questions answered quickly.
2. School shopping is hassletown. Bright SchoolKitz make it easy. It's like Amazon for school supplies. Pay now, and a box of perfect supplies will be waiting on your kid's desk. You have until 8/15 to sign up.
3. Drop off and pick up are intense, like every sitcom you've ever seen. You don't use the rotunda in front of the school, instead kids are dropped off at the gym door. You've gotta wait until you are at the door to let them out.
4. There are two ways to pay for lunch. You can put money in your child's EZ Pay Account online or give them cash each day.
5. If you want to give your child a chance to look around, the Back to School Bash on Thursday, August 31 at 5 p.m. is a great way to do it. If you are new and your child will be in grade 1 or above, there's a new family orientation at 4 p.m. on the 31st as well. Kindergarten parents, you will have another time scheduled for this, don't worry.
6. We have an excellent, PTA-produced newsletter that goes out each week during school called NewsBytes. Sign up here. Principal Hamilton also sends out a weekly message to parents.
7. This website is another great resource. It's updated each week!
8. Last, but not least, consider joining our PTA. Your $10 membership fee gives you access to the Holy Grail of Sherwood info - The Directory. It's the only place to get the names, phone numbers and email addresses of that kid your child is badgering you to set a playdate with. Plus, the PTA is a great place to do great work for your child's school alongside some very warm-hearted folks.
Welcome to Sherwood!
The PTA Nominating Committee has presented its recommendations for the 2017-2018 Executive Board. Please see the first page of the document below for those positions. The PTA will vote on this slate at the next General Meeting, May 1, 2017 at 7 p.m. All are encouraged to attend this meeting and vote on the Executive Board.
Recommendations for 2017-2018 Executive Board
Thank you to all the parents who have already stepped-up and volunteered to chair a PTA Committee for next year. There was such a huge response from volunteers and this is what makes the PTA and its events so successful.
Please look over the rest of the document above to see the events the PTA is responsible for next year.
If you want to help with a Committee next school year, please let Tracy Huebner know.
The PTA still has two Committees that need a Co-Chair. Please consider co-chairing one of these Committees....
The After-School Enrichment coordinator facilitates bringing multiple wonderful after school programs to the children and families of Sherwood. You would be working with another parent, as co-chairs for this committee.
As the Enrichment coordinator, you would...
For more information about the After-School Enrichment position, to-co-chair this committee or if just want to help a little next year, please contact Marleen Johnson, email@example.com or 253-3500.
Community Fundraisers (Restaurants/Kroger/Amazon)
In this position, you would be finding local restaurants and organizations that will donate a certain percentage of their sales back to Sherwood during special Sherwood days at their establishment. Then you need to publicize these special Sherwood days to the Sherwood community and encourage them to visit the businesses on the specific dates.
With Kroger and Amazon, you need to explain to the Sherwood families how these companies will donate a certain percentage of their purchases back to the school. You have to be creative with sharing the message of how families can help Sherwood earn money.
You will have a co-chair helping you with this committee.
Sherwood's PTA is looking for ways to improve and expand the level of communication and the services it provides to our families. They need your help to accomplish this task.
Please take a few minutes to answer the survey below. Your feedback will help Sherwood's PTA in its quest to determine the best ways to communicate with parents as well as increase parental participation at PTA meetings.
If you have additional feedback for the PTA, questions regarding this survey or want to know more about how to get involved with Sherwood’s PTA, please contact Tracy Huebner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ever wonder what PTA really does? Are you looking to get more involved?
We will discuss what PTA does and how you can get involved. Back to School Bash, Color Run, Fun with Son, School Pictures, Book Fair, Parents' Night Out, Breakfast with Santa, Father/Daughter Social, 6th Grade Activities and Field Day are just some of the events that are managed by PTA and are 100% volunteer coordinated. If it wasn't for volunteers chairing and planning these events our children would not have the benefit of attending.
We are currently looking for people who are interested in chairing or co-chairing committees, and a few new faces on the PTA Board. If you are interested in attending or have questions, please contact Melanie Gould.
When: March 16, 2017
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Where: Anderson Pub & Grill
The Sherwood PTA has several open positions. If you are interested in filling one of the positions, please contact Melanie Gould, PTA President.
Treasurer, PTA Board of Directors (starting January 1, 2017)
Sherwood Families – please consider joining PTA for the 2016-2017 school year.
How do I join?
It's easy! Only $10 membership fee per family. With each membership fee, you will receive both the online and hard copy of the Sherwood Directory, which is coming soon. Print the PTA membership form and send it to school along with a check for $10 made payable to "Sherwood PTA"" or you can join online!
By Heather Goeke