The PTA’s next meeting will be Tuesday, January 16 at 7 p.m. in the Sherwood Media Center.
All parents/guardians of Sherwood students are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Joining the PTA meeting will be employees of Child Focus. They will be talking about kids’ mental health, especially depression and anxiety. This will be a discussion you don’t want to miss.
Presented by Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, Operation: Street Smart, is a collaborative effort between D.A.R.E. & the Special Investigations Unit.
This will be held at the Anderson Center January 5, 2018. 9 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
It is conducted by undercover detectives, who possess more than 50 years of combined narcotics experience.
The target audience includes: first responders, healthcare workers, school faculty and staff, parents, probation officers and children's services.
In the seminar you will learn how to:
Sherwood Principal Dan Hamilton is asking parents to get a head start on paying their Archers' school fees.
School fees are used to buy classroom materials.
To pay fees, please use this link to access FHSD's EZPay system.
The Sherwood PTA would love to welcome you our wonderful school. We think you are going to love Sherwood! Here's some helpful tips to get you ready for the school year ahead.
1. If you are a Facebook person, you should join the Sherwood Parents Group. It's the best place to get your questions answered quickly.
2. School shopping is hassletown. Bright SchoolKitz make it easy. It's like Amazon for school supplies. Pay now, and a box of perfect supplies will be waiting on your kid's desk. You have until 8/15 to sign up.
3. Drop off and pick up are intense, like every sitcom you've ever seen. You don't use the rotunda in front of the school, instead kids are dropped off at the gym door. You've gotta wait until you are at the door to let them out.
4. There are two ways to pay for lunch. You can put money in your child's EZ Pay Account online or give them cash each day.
5. If you want to give your child a chance to look around, the Back to School Bash on Thursday, August 31 at 5 p.m. is a great way to do it. If you are new and your child will be in grade 1 or above, there's a new family orientation at 4 p.m. on the 31st as well. Kindergarten parents, you will have another time scheduled for this, don't worry.
6. We have an excellent, PTA-produced newsletter that goes out each week during school called NewsBytes. Sign up here. Principal Hamilton also sends out a weekly message to parents.
7. This website is another great resource. It's updated each week!
8. Last, but not least, consider joining our PTA. Your $10 membership fee gives you access to the Holy Grail of Sherwood info - The Directory. It's the only place to get the names, phone numbers and email addresses of that kid your child is badgering you to set a playdate with. Plus, the PTA is a great place to do great work for your child's school alongside some very warm-hearted folks.
Welcome to Sherwood!
There's still a little time to order your school supplies online with Bright SchoolKitz. These custom school kits make back-to-school easier.
Using the teacher's specific supply list, Bright School Kitz packs these boxes with name-brand supplies. They will be waiting at Sherwood for your child on the first day of school. Done and done!
The summer is already busy enough, so earn an extra day by the pool and order those supplies online.
This offer is available for incoming kindergarten too.
$1 of each kit ordered goes back to the Sherwood PTA.
If you are looking for this year's supply list, click the button below.
Congratulations to the following parents who were presented with the PTA Friend of Children Award!
Marleen has served as the After School Enrichment chair since 2011. Over the years she has brought and implement many new classes to Sherwood including theater, sewing class, dance and many, many, more. She has also volunteered in the classroom and for various activates during her time at Sherwood.
Laura has spent the last four years as the head coach for the Sherwood Rappin Ropes team and prior to that she spent 4 years as a grade level coach. As coach Laura has spent many hours scheduling performances, conducting tryouts and practices, emailing parents, planning the family show and much more.
During her time at Sherwood, Jane has served as room representative, VIE and has chaired 6th grade activities, the Mother Son social, Parents Night out and as Executive Vice President for the PTA board.
Brandy has served as room representative, library volunteer, VIE and has also chaired hospitality, Breakfast with Santa, Box Tops, and Yearbook committees. She implemented the Sherwood Parents Night out fundraiser and chaired it 2 years. PNO has been a very successful fundraiser for our school the last three years. Brandy has also held several board positions including recording secretary, 3rd vice president, 1st vice president and most recently forest hill council representative.
Melanie has served as room representative, chaired the wellness committee and 6th grade activities, and has helped plan the carnival, mother son social and color run. Most recently Melanie has served as the PTA president for the last 2 years.
On behalf of the Sherwood PTA we thank you for your time and commitment to students at our school. Sherwood is a better place because of these five individuals and we will truly miss them next year!
By Heather Goeke