The PTA is catering the main dishes for Sherwood staff during spring conferences (dinner on March 8th and lunch on March 9th).
We are in need of donations for side items, drinks, and desserts for both meals.
Please deliver any contributions to the office on Thursday, March 8th, before 3:30 p.m. or on Friday, March 9th before 11:00 a.m.
A huge thank you for helping us treat our wonderful Sherwood staff during a hectic time for them! If you have any questions, please contact Christina Beilfuss (email@example.com) or Melissa Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sherwood Conference Meal Sign Up
The Sherwood Fuel Up to Play 60 wellness team is hoping to promote an active lifestyle at the 4th Annual Family Fitness Night on Thursday, January 25, 2018.
Bring your family up to Sherwood for a night of activity, movement, and fun!
We will have games, obstacle courses, relay races, dancing, and more. The night is FREE and full of fun.
The fun starts at 6:00 p.m. See you there!
The PTA’s next meeting will be Tuesday, January 16 at 7 p.m. in the Sherwood Media Center.
All parents/guardians of Sherwood students are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Joining the PTA meeting will be employees of Child Focus. They will be talking about kids’ mental health, especially depression and anxiety. This will be a discussion you don’t want to miss.
Sherwood PTA invites you to an evening out of the house, playing games with your family and friends!
Join us in Sherwood Cafeteria on Tuesday, January 9th from 6:00-8:00 for Family Game Night.
Games are all quick to pick up and learn, have simplified instructions, and can be played at your own pace. Most games can be played by non-readers.
A must check-out game is Family Feud with answers supplied by Sherwood 3-6 graders. Other games include Outburst, Double Ditto, Reverse Charades, Headbandz, Yahtzee, Taboo Jr, Uno, Jenga, Apples to Apples, and more!
This is a food-free event, and there will be nothing to purchase. If you have any games to share, especially jumbo sized, please message email@example.com.
Break out the PJs - it's time for the annual Sherwood Holiday Breakfast and Market.
On Saturday, December 2, you and your Archer can enjoy a morning of festive fun hosted by the PTA.
For the bargain price of $3 per person, paid ahead of time, your family will enjoy breakfast and a photo with Santa.
The famous Sherwood Holiday Market will be in full swing in the gym. This gives your mini a chance to buy presents for all those important folks on their list.
RSVP forms went home with kids on November 14. Just fill out the form and send in your payment by Monday, November 27. At the door, the price goes up to $4 per person.
While you are at it, fill out the other side of the form for your chance to enter the Sherwood raffle. Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5 and the prizes are fantastic. Send in your payment and get your tickets at breakfast.
The Sherwood Back to School Bash is on Thursday, August 31. It's the Sherwood community's chance to welcome the school year back with open arms and outdoor fun.
There are a few changes to the event this year:
Sherwood needs your help to get ready for the great school year ahead.
The PTA is looking for families to help spruce up the grounds.
Join us on Sunday, August 27 at 3:00 p.m.
We will be pulling weeds, planting flowers, etc. If you are only free for a little while, any little bit helps!
Let's get the outside looking great and show pride for our awesome school.
Please sign up using this link:
Remember to bring gloves and any other gardening tools that may be helpful.
The Sherwood PTA would love to welcome you our wonderful school. We think you are going to love Sherwood! Here's some helpful tips to get you ready for the school year ahead.
1. If you are a Facebook person, you should join the Sherwood Parents Group. It's the best place to get your questions answered quickly.
2. School shopping is hassletown. Bright SchoolKitz make it easy. It's like Amazon for school supplies. Pay now, and a box of perfect supplies will be waiting on your kid's desk. You have until 8/15 to sign up.
3. Drop off and pick up are intense, like every sitcom you've ever seen. You don't use the rotunda in front of the school, instead kids are dropped off at the gym door. You've gotta wait until you are at the door to let them out.
4. There are two ways to pay for lunch. You can put money in your child's EZ Pay Account online or give them cash each day.
5. If you want to give your child a chance to look around, the Back to School Bash on Thursday, August 31 at 5 p.m. is a great way to do it. If you are new and your child will be in grade 1 or above, there's a new family orientation at 4 p.m. on the 31st as well. Kindergarten parents, you will have another time scheduled for this, don't worry.
6. We have an excellent, PTA-produced newsletter that goes out each week during school called NewsBytes. Sign up here. Principal Hamilton also sends out a weekly message to parents.
7. This website is another great resource. It's updated each week!
8. Last, but not least, consider joining our PTA. Your $10 membership fee gives you access to the Holy Grail of Sherwood info - The Directory. It's the only place to get the names, phone numbers and email addresses of that kid your child is badgering you to set a playdate with. Plus, the PTA is a great place to do great work for your child's school alongside some very warm-hearted folks.
Welcome to Sherwood!
By Heather Goeke and Tracy Huebner