Sherwood has 10 Destination Imagination teams this year and we are looking for 10 people to volunteer to be an appraiser for the competition on February 3.
Appraiser are like judges. In order to be an appraiser, you must attend a training session at Nagel Middle School on January 20, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Appraisers must be at least 18 years old and out of high school.
Please email email@example.com to volunteer or to get more information!
We’ve had a great first week of Penny Wars as we support families in our community this holiday season for 9United’s Shop & Share event.
Just a reminder, pennies are positive points for each grade, where all silver coins and dollar bills are negative points.
A fun and healthy competition for our students! Which grade will take home the bragging rights this year? Collections will continue through Tuesday, December 5.
Sherwood is proud to support this project as we “help take care of others” with a focus on giving, in whatever way you can.
Additional Ways to get involved today:
Questions about 9United and this project can be directed to the organization’s founders, Amy Miller or Jen Schlosser.
Have specific questions about Sherwood’s involvement & want to get more involved in this great cause, contact Sherwood parent, Stacy Gillard.
Enjoy a night off of cooking and help raise funds for Sherwood.
The second Wednesday of each month, Marco's Pizza in Anderson is hosting Sherwood Pizza Night. Fifteen-percent of all sales that night will go back to Sherwood PTA.
Please mention your child's teacher's name when you make your purchase as the class with the most orders will win a free pizza party!
2017-18 Sherwood Pizza Nights:
If you love the smell of books and helping children fall in love with the written word - this one's for you.
The PTA is seeking volunteers to help out this year in Sherwood's Media Center.
As a library/media center volunteer, you will check in returned books and re shelve them, help the children check out books, keep shelves straight and help Mr. Ernst.
The Sherwood media center and library cannot run without the help of volunteers. If you can help, sign up for a time here.
If this isn't the right opportunity for you, no worries! Just keep an eye on the Volunteer Opportunities tab for upcoming chances to help.
Sherwood needs your help to get ready for the great school year ahead.
The PTA is looking for families to help spruce up the grounds.
Join us on Sunday, August 27 at 3:00 p.m.
We will be pulling weeds, planting flowers, etc. If you are only free for a little while, any little bit helps!
Let's get the outside looking great and show pride for our awesome school.
Please sign up using this link:
Remember to bring gloves and any other gardening tools that may be helpful.
The Sherwood PTA would love to welcome you our wonderful school. We think you are going to love Sherwood! Here's some helpful tips to get you ready for the school year ahead.
1. If you are a Facebook person, you should join the Sherwood Parents Group. It's the best place to get your questions answered quickly.
2. School shopping is hassletown. Bright SchoolKitz make it easy. It's like Amazon for school supplies. Pay now, and a box of perfect supplies will be waiting on your kid's desk. You have until 8/15 to sign up.
3. Drop off and pick up are intense, like every sitcom you've ever seen. You don't use the rotunda in front of the school, instead kids are dropped off at the gym door. You've gotta wait until you are at the door to let them out.
4. There are two ways to pay for lunch. You can put money in your child's EZ Pay Account online or give them cash each day.
5. If you want to give your child a chance to look around, the Back to School Bash on Thursday, August 31 at 5 p.m. is a great way to do it. If you are new and your child will be in grade 1 or above, there's a new family orientation at 4 p.m. on the 31st as well. Kindergarten parents, you will have another time scheduled for this, don't worry.
6. We have an excellent, PTA-produced newsletter that goes out each week during school called NewsBytes. Sign up here. Principal Hamilton also sends out a weekly message to parents.
7. This website is another great resource. It's updated each week!
8. Last, but not least, consider joining our PTA. Your $10 membership fee gives you access to the Holy Grail of Sherwood info - The Directory. It's the only place to get the names, phone numbers and email addresses of that kid your child is badgering you to set a playdate with. Plus, the PTA is a great place to do great work for your child's school alongside some very warm-hearted folks.
Welcome to Sherwood!
Every year, Sherwood PTA puts on a Field Day on the final day of the school year. Students, teachers and parents love this tradition. We need your help to make this day great.
There are shifts throughout the day from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. for outdoor events and between 10:45 a.m. -1:45 a.m. for ice cream floats. If you are able to work multiple shifts that is great!
If you are unable to help during the day, we are also looking for families to purchase water balloons and fill up and deliver before school. Additionally, we will need corn-hole boards for the day.
Outdoor activity times are:
Grades 2, 4, 6, AM-K
9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Grades 1, 3, 5
11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If you would like to volunteer for Field Day, click HERE to sign up.
As part of Sherwood Serves Gr8tness Week, Wednesday, May 17 is Clean Up Sherwood Night! From 6:30-8:30 p.m., bring the whole family to help clean up and improve our school grounds.
We will be pulling weeks and doing some light landscaping to prepare the grounds for mulching.
Wear your garden gloves and clothes to get dirty.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BOTH SHOWS ARE SOLD OUT.
Friday 4/28 - Show at 7 p.m., actors arrive in full costume by 6:15 p.m.
Saturday 4/29 - Show at 5 p.m., actors arrive in full costume by 4:15pm
Doors will open 10 minutes before showtime. Seating is general admission. Showrunner Jennifer Miller warns that seating is tight, so they may asking some of the kids to take a seat on the floor right in front of the stage.
Say Congratulations with a KIT KAT or SPECIAL COOKIE. You can purchase Kit Kats and/or Cookies before each show to be delivered to cast members each night. Kit Kats will be $1 and cookies $2 - cash only.
We have arranged for a parent to record Aristocats then transfer to DVD. If you are interested in purchasing a DVD the cost is $10. Please bring your cash/check the evenings of the show to sign up. Proceeds will go to Sherwood's Theatre program.
Costumes will be collected after Saturday's performance. Please be sure to bring a change of clothes for your cast member Saturday.
Contact Jennifer Miller (513) 305-3459 or Julie Myers (773) 547-7473.
Beautiful flowers and a selection of vegetables from Burger Farm will be offered to the students at a cost of $1.00 each. There is a limit of two plants per student.
Students will purchase plants during class time and should bring their money to school on Friday, May 12th.
Volunteers are needed to help with the annual Mother's Day Plant Sale on Friday, May 12th.
Click on this link to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a054aaaa62ba20-mothers2.
Contact Lisa Beasley at 4LBeasley@gmail.com with questions.
By Heather Goeke and Tracy Huebner